Try this four goal small-sided soccer game so your players get more touches, more passes, more shots and more participation.
Set up the soccer (football) game
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum).
- Two teams of four players.
- No keepers.
- Four mini-target goals.
Run the game
- If the ball leaves play, you or a helper must feed a new ball in immediately.
- The game is played as a normal 4v4 without keepers, but each team must defend two goals and attack two goals.
- The soccer game is played for a set time period.
Click here to order a copy of 64 Small-Sided Soccer Games, written by Michael Beale, Chelsea FC academy coach.
For a small-sided soccer game to work on midfield passing skills, click here.