This is a simple small-sided soccer game to play in front of goal with your young soccer (football) players to get them shooting using their right and left foot.
Game set up
- Set up a player on the edge of the penalty area (2).
- You, the soccer coach, stand to one side and add a line of players the other side (1).
- Player 1 passes to player 2 who returns it so that player 1 can run into the penalty area and shoot with his left foot.
- Player 2 then runs to receive a ball from the soccer (football) coach, and turns and dribbles into the penalty area to shoot with his right foot.
- Player 1 takes the place of player 2 who goes to the back of the queue.
For more small-sided games to use in your soccer coaching sessions, click here to order a copy of 64 Small-Sided Soccer Games.
Click here for a soccer warm-up drill for left and right-foot passing skills.