Skipping is a basic but highly versatile exercise to add to your coaching drills. Getting your soccer (football) players to workout with the skipping ropes will bring a number of fitness benefits. This is an ideal drill to use when bad weather means your coaching session is an indoor one.
It can be used to develop coordination, flexibility, agility, speed and both vertical and horizontal power.
Skipping drill tips
- Stay on the balls of the feet.
- Take off from one foot and land on the same foot.
- Then repeat the drill with the other foot.
- The leg not in contact with the ground is pulled up towards the chest.
- The arms are used to drive up and forwards.
- The elbows should be locked at 90 degrees.
Click here for soccer coaching tips to help you with your fitness training sessions.