If you want your defence tight you’ll need to coach your players to force opponents wide leaving attackers unable to dribble into area MORE
Control and Restraint
Time: 30 | Age groups: U12-U16, U17+
Aims and outcomes
Players will understand:
- How control and restraint fits into the principles of play
- What is meant by control and restraint
- The different ways to use control and restraint
- How control and restraint fits into tactics
The team will benefit from:
- Understanding why they focus on certain skills and tactics in training
- Knowing how to attack more effectively in a game situation
What you'll need
Different class types required different resources. This table sets out what we think you'll need in each scenario, but feel free to amend it if you find something that works for you.
|Lesson plan||Slides||Presentation notes||Handout||Online course||Quiz||Activities|
When you've delivered the class you'll want to embed the learning with some practical activities. We recommend trying some or all of the activities below in your coaching sessions to put the theory into practice.