This is a great session to help players understand movement in and around the attacking third of the pitch, creating space and goalscoring opportunities. MORE
Time: 30 | Age groups: U12-U16, U17+
This class will help your players master the basic tactics and skills associated with creating space, one of the Attacking Principles of Play.
Aims and outcomes
Players will understand:
- How create space fits into the principles of play
- What it means to create space
- The different ways to create space
- How create space fits into tactics
The team will benefit from:
- Understanding why they focus on certain skills and tactics in training
- Knowing how to attack more effectively in a game situation
What you'll need
Different class types required different resources. This table sets out what we think you'll need in each scenario, but feel free to amend it if you find something that works for you.
|Lesson plan||Slides||Presentation notes||Handout||Online course||Quiz||Activities|
When you've delivered the class you'll want to embed the learning with some practical activities. We recommend trying some or all of the activities below in your coaching sessions to put the theory into practice.