When the ball is lost in attack, this shows forwards that they must immediately try to get the ball back by pressing high up the pitch. MORE
Time: 30 | Age groups: U12-U16, U17+
Aims and outcomes
Players will understand:
- How delay fits into the principles of play
- What is meant by delay
- The different ways to delay
- How delay fits into tactics
The team will benefit from:
- Understanding why they focus on certain skills and tactics in training
- Knowing how to attack more effectively in a game situation
What you'll need
Different class types required different resources. This table sets out what we think you'll need in each scenario, but feel free to amend it if you find something that works for you.
|Lesson plan||Slides||Presentation notes||Handout||Online course||Quiz||Activities|
When you've delivered the class you'll want to embed the learning with some practical activities. We recommend trying some or all of the activities below in your coaching sessions to put the theory into practice.