Corner kicks can win and lose games. This section has drills on how to score from corners, how to defend them, and what techniques to coach to your players. We also show you some great ways to coach corner taking and corner defending to your players.
- Soccer coaching tips and drills for defending corners -Giving players specialist positions during matches can be effective and if you’re conceding a lot of goals from corners, you need a player to stand BIG at the front of your penalty area to block the corner taker. With the help of the following soccer coaching tips and drills, you need never concede from a corner again.
- Soccer coaching tips for short corners – Having problems with corners? A good tip is to take them short, it’s an easy way to goal.
- Soccer drill to help players take corners – A corner taker must be able to take corners – that means you have to coach him. This is the soccer drill session I use to coach these vital skills. Try it and see what a huge difference it makes to the way your players kick the ball.
- Soccer coaching tips for zonal defending on corners – Why leave defending corners to chance when, with a bit of organisation, you can improve your team’s chances of keeping the ball out of the back of the net? Use these zonal defending soccer coaching tips to help.
- Counter attack soccer coaching tips – Coaching your soccer (football) players to stand forward of the near post at corners is an excellent way of winning the ball and starting a quick counter-attack. The opposition will have only one or two players back and if your players react quickly they can charge out of defence and overlap to outnumber the opposition. Use these soccer drill tips to show your players how this works.
- Risky soccer tactics when your players are defending corners – It was during a match I was refereeing last season that I first came up with the idea of leaving defenders outside the penalty area when defending corners. One of the teams I was refereeing managed to give away a goal at every corner they faced in the first half.