Introduction by Author Dave Clarke
In this manual are 22 5-minute sessions covering Fitness, Skills, Warm-ups, Games and Techniques. You can use them during breaks at training, to fill in when you need a break or when you want to talk to parents; and if you want to work with one particular player there will be a 5-minute session you can use to keep players concentrating and helping them with their skills or fitness.
Keep this in your kitbag at all times because it can come in handy when you go to play a match and you haven’t got much time to warm up. To cut down my coaching interventions I keep what I have to say to less than 30 seconds, making for less talking and more playing and learning. And the 5-minute sessions help me to keep talking time to a minimum and session time full of play.
There are also lots of fitness drills you can use with your individual players or even use yourself to keep fit with matches and games coming thick and fast.
1. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: ZIG-ZAG LUNGE. 5 MINUTE GAME: TAG SPRINT PAIRS
2. 5 MINUTE SKILL: DRIBBLING THE BALL. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: LOOPED LADDERS
3. 5 MINUTE TECHNIQUE: TURNING CIRCUIT. 5 MINUTE TECHNIQUE: 30 SECOND BUZZ
4. 5 MINUTE TECHNIQUE. MOVE AND CHASE. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: THREE-CONE TOUCH
5. 5 MINUTE SKILL: PASS & TURN. 5 MINUTE GAME: ORANGES & LEMONS
6. 5 MINUTE SKILL: DRIBBLING SQUARE. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: RUN AND BEND
7. 5 MINUTE WARM-UP: ANATOMY DRIBBLE. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: THE TUCK JUMP
8. 5 MINUTE SKILL: SIDE AND MIDDLE. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: STEP JUMPS
9. 5 MINUTE SKILL: PASS THROUGH LEGS. 5 MINUTE FITNESS: LEG CIRCLES
10. 5 MINUTE GAME: STRENGTH & POWER. 5 MINUTE SKILL: SPEED LADDER
11. 5 MINUTE WARM-UP: THE BOX RUN. 5 MINUTE SKILL: RUN AND BEND