The 5 objectives of the course and the online community are:
– To test coaches’ knowledge through the Introductory Quiz.
– To confirm and clarify knowledge in each of the modules so that coaches can answer questions asked by players and parents.
– To apply knowledge to the scenarios we have created.
– To develop a digital resource (we recommend a blog) to influence and engage players and parents.
– To be an ongoing resource for coaches in the area of soccer diet.
The course includes the following topics:
– Does Nutrition Affect Performance?
– The Importance of Energy
– Maintaining & Replenishing Muscle Glycogen
– Are Supplements needed?
– Making Solid Selections
– Matchday Strategies
– The Congested Calendar
– Eating on the Run
– Keeping a Diet and Training Journal
As part of the course you interact with Professor Jay Williams and can download all 15 chapters of his book on soccer nutrition (worth £14 / $20)