If I asked most athletes ‘what are the keys to sporting success and achieving peak performance levels?’, the chances are that I’d receive an answer revolving around the need for either speed, strength or endurance.
But ask any serious, elite-level athletes or coaches the same question, and they’ll tell you that stretching before your workout is vital to ensure high performance and injury prevention.
That’s where Stretching for Sporting Success comes in. It’s the ultimate guide to enhancing your all-round flexibility and reducing the chance of injuries during physical exercise.
Stretching is an area of fitness that is easy to pay less attention to, and also often misunderstood, but it is vital you give it the time and respect that it deserves.
The common concerns I have experienced include:
- ‘Which stretching exercises does my body need?’
- ‘When should I stretch? Before training and competition or after?’
- ‘How should I stretch for maximum benefit?’
- ‘Should I do stretching exercises at all?’
The good news is that stretching is not a ‘heavy science’, and Stretching for Sporting Success will help you understand the concepts and how to apply them in a practical sporting environment.
Stretching is vitally important, and the resulting increase in flexibility can be the difference between injury and setting a personal best, yet the wrong type of stretching at the wrong time can actually reduce the amount of force your muscles are able to generate.
Incorrect stretching can have serious effects on your body and the rest of your workouts – that’s why Stretching for Sporting Success can transform your fitness life.
What does it contain?
Stretching for Sporting Success combines both scientific knowledge with practical guidelines to allow you to enjoy increased flexibility in the core areas of your body.
It’s the ideal programme for people of all shapes and sizes looking for greater all-round flexibility and injury prevention, regardless of their sporting discipline.
If you’ve looked previously for the latest, proven, practical information on stretching then you know that not only is it difficult to find, but you can also spend a fortune in return for it.
Stretching for Sporting Success is the answer to both of these problems.
It helps you understand how your body’s muscle groups interact, so you can maximise your stretching and flexibility programme as well as doing it in less time, allowing you more time to focus on the rest of your workout in the knowledge that your body is fully prepared to give you a more effective and efficient period of exercise. Better still, everything is explained in practical terms, so that each exercise programme can quickly be incorporated into your workout routines.
You’ll uncover ‘need to know’ information on every page, like the ‘golden rules of flexibility’:
- How long should you take to ease into deep stretches to minimize your risk of injury? (The answer may surprise you…)
- How to eliminate all tension from your body when stretching (and not just the muscle you are trying to lengthen)
- Which muscles to focus on (they aren’t the ones you might think), and the time-training techniques to boost your flexibility in under 60 seconds
- The one commonly-used stretch GUARANTEED to cause serious injury (make sure you check this out – and avoid it like the plague)
- The breathing techniques to steer clear of when you’re stretching (this creates tension elsewhere in your body and negates some of the benefits of stretching, so pay attention)
- The worst positions to use for the rest of your body when stretching (and why you must avoid these at all costs!)
Better still, it comes with a no questions asked money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied. So you have nothing to lose!
Think of it as an investment in your future. You’ll transform your body, your exercise regime and save yourself time and money!