If you are social distancing please observe your local rules. This is very easy to set up and can be used for different distances, long and short passing coupled with a one-two skill. It is a simple unopposed activity but it needs good coordination. MORE
Return to play: Quick passing
Please check out the latest sport and social distancing guidelines in your area, and follow the recommendations when planning training sessions
This five minute fitness drill can be used during your training sessions for a quick break to help coaching points sink in, or as an incentive for a drinks break. It is all about first touch and anticipating the pass. Good for fitness and getting players ready for movement and passing in matches.
How to do it
- Split players into pairs with a working player and a server.
- Put 3 cones in a triangle with 5 yards between each cone.
- The server stands 5 yards in front of the triangle.
- The working player starts at the back cone.
- The server passes a ball to the outside of the cone on the working players’ right and the player runs to receive it.
- The player returns the ball and runs back around the top cone to the far cone where the play is repeated.
- This should continue for 1 minute then players swap roles.
- 1. The working player receives and passes back to the server
- 2. Then the working player runs around the cones to the far side and repeats