A key to a passing team is retaining possession in midfield. Use this session to show your players how to keep hold of the ball in the middle of the pitch. MORE
Oranges and lemons fitness drill
This is a great little fitness drill that pits your players’ wits against each other. They must listen for your call and react to it.
How to play it
- Set up two sets of cones like in the diagram.
- One player in each set jogs forwards and backwards between the two centre cones five yards apart.
- On the shout of “oranges” they race to a cone 15 yards in front of them.
- On the shout of “lemons” they turn and race to a cone 15 yards behind them.
- Play until each player has done five oranges and five lemons.
- Or play winner of the race stays on.