The best teams communicate on the pitch. Players encourage one another, call for the ball, organise the defence and look around them to see who is open to the pass. Communication is the key to making your team more successful. Here are four ways to help your players communicate better. Start by giving your players... MORE
Soccer coaching laws of the game Law 17 the corner kick
A goal may be scored directly from a corner kick, but only against the opposing team.
A corner kick is awarded when:
- The whole of the ball, having last touched a player of the defending team, passes over the goal line, either on the ground or in the air, and a goal is not scored in accordance with Law 10.
How to take it:
- The ball is placed inside the corner arc – or touching one of the lines – at the corner nearest to where the ball went out.
- The corner flagpost cannot be moved.
- Opponents must be 10 yds from the corner arc at 11-a-side – or 5 yards at 7-a-side and minis – until the ball is in play.
- The ball is kicked by a player of the attacking team.
- The ball is in play when it is kicked and moves.
- The kicker cannot play the ball a second time until it has touched another player.
Click the link to read Soccer coaching laws of the game Law 16 the goal kick.
Click the link to read some strategy tips for corners.