With the pending sale of the home of England football could grassroots coaches like you and I benefit from a huge amount of investment. The billionaire owner of Fulham football club is the architect of an extraordinary deal to buy Wembley stadium worth almost £900m. Shahid Khan, who also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars American football... MORE
Soccer coaching laws of the game Rule 4 player equipment
These soccer coaching tips are designed to help coaches and players understand the laws of the game. This article looks at Law 4, the rules covering players’ equipment.
Applies to: 11-a-side, 7-a-side, minis
A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to themselves or other players, including jewellery.
- A jersey or shirt with sleeves – undergarment sleeves must be the same main colour as the sleeve of the jersey or shirt.
- Shorts – undershorts must be of the same main colour.
- Are covered entirely by the socks.
- Are made of rubber, plastic or a similar suitable material.
- Provide a reasonable degree of protection.
- The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and also the referee and assistant referees.
- Each goalkeeper must wear colours that distinguish them from the other players, the referee and the assistant referees.
Click the link to subscribe to Soccer Coach Weekly and get more soccer coaching tips, drills and games delivered direct to your inbox.
Click the link for soccer coaching advice to help you check your players’ soccer boots for safety.
Click the link to read Soccer coaching laws of the game Law 5, the referee.