The temperature at training yesterday was 35°C – I worked with Leatherhead U18 girls for 3 hours. So how do you cope when it is so hot? I answer a question from a coach about how to prevent overheating in players MORE
Fitness sprints – forwardbackwardforward
Try this sprint drill to keep your teams fitness up.
- Place three cones in a straight line with five yards to 10 yards between each cone.
- Players should sprint forwards from cone one to two.
- Then run backwards from cone two to one.
- Finally, sprint forwards from one to three.
- Look for how your players keep a lower centre of gravity when changing direction. They must bend their knees to keep balance.
- Repeat five times. Rest for 60 seconds between repetitions.