Your team has lost the ball - these practices will help sharpen their reactions to win it back. By Dave Knox MORE
1v1 / 2v1 Game
“This drill tests your forwards’ ability to score in 1v1 and 2v1 situations with a quick switch from defence to attack in different sized areas.”
Area: 40 x 30 yards
Equipment: 10 Cones, 2 Goals
No. of Players: 10 Outfield, 2 Goalkeepers
- The black player attacks the top goal 1v1.
- The white player then receives a ball from the coach and attacks the bottom goal with their teammate 2v1.
- After each attack the coach passes a new ball to the defender to begin a new attack.
- The black defender becomes the black attacker.
- The black attacker joins the back of the queue.
- A new black attacker goes into the lower box.
- The white defender becomes the white teammate in the lower box.
- The white teammate joins the back of the queue.
- A new white defender goes into the upper box.
- The game is played for a set time period with the coach keeping scores.
- The teams switch roles for the next game.
The starting player attacks 1v1 in the top box.
The white player receives a ball from the coach…
…and attacks the bottom box 2v1 with his team mate.