This game puts a time pressure on players to score match-winning goals, much like in a real game when the final whistle approaches and a team needs to score. It’s a fun session that your players will really love. MORE
This a reaction game that gets players on the move.
How to set it up
- Place a football on each of four cones, arranged in a line.
- There should be five yards between each cone.
- Position yourself behind the cones.
- Your players should be about 15 yards in front of you, lined up in two rows.
- A player from each row steps forward. They will go 1v1.
- Get the players to bounce on their toes, ready for the first instruction.
- Call out a numbered cone. Players must react, sprint and try to be the first to knock the ball off the cone.
- Players can use their bodies and arms to hold each other off but must not commit a foul.
- At the end of the move, each player rejoins the back of his queue.
Why this works
This is a simple and quick game that gets players mentally and physically tuned in. They’ll take pleasure in outmuscling an opponent in a 1v1 situation, and given that all of their team mates are watching, you can be sure of getting 100% commitment!