A fun shooting game with aim of setting your attackers up for the chance to hit long-range shots at goal so they can catch the opposition out. MORE
Soccer drill to prepare players for 1v1s and 2v1s
Prepare your players to win 1v1s and 2v1s with this decision making soccer drill. The drill is a test of your attackers‘ ability to score in 1v1 and 2v1 situations and makes use of different sized areas to switch from defence to attack.
How to set it up
You need an area 40 yards by 30 yards, split in half and, in the top area, use the central part as in the pictures above. In this session I have used 10 outfield players and two goals with goalkeepers.
How to play it
- The black player attacks the top goal in a 1v1 situation.
- The white player then receives a ball from the coach and attacks the bottom goal with their team mate 2v1.
- After each attack, the coach passes a new ball to the defender to begin a new attack.
How to rotate
- The black defender becomes the black attacker.
- The black attacker joins the back of the queue.
- A new black attacker goes into the lower box.
- The white team mate joins the back of the queue.
- A new white defender goes into the upper box.
- The teams switch roles for the next game.
Click the link to order a copy of Soccer Attack! and get 80 shooting and finishing drills.
Click the link for a soccer drill to help your players build attacking patterns.