This is a great battle to be the first team to get their balls behind the opposition defence into their end zone. Team work and individual skills make this an essential game for all youth players. MORE
Unopposed build up and combination play
If you want to discover the next Harry Kane star use this session. Release your wide players to cross for the attackers who must time their runs to arrive in the box at the same time as the ball.
- Area: Half Pitch
- Equipment: 6 cones, 1 goal
- No. of Players: 10 Outfield, 1 Goalkeeper
- One of the deep wide players makes a one-two with his team mate to get into a crossing position.
- He crosses for the two attackers to score.
- The next attack comes from the opposite side. Keep the attacks flowing from side to side.
The deepest wide player plays a one-two with his teammate…
… and crosses for the attackers to score.
The next attack starts from the opposite side.
The drill runs continually for a set period of time before the attackers and crossers switch roles.