Teach your players how to win vital games and how to keep trying until the end. This fun promotion and relegation session involves a lot of different winning scenarios. MORE
Ball control and shielding skills soccer game
This is a great small-sided soccer game to get players used to playing against more or less players. It gives them a chance to use their shielding and ball-control skills and it’s a fun game with a competitive edge.
Tips to set up the game
- Mark out a circle of about 25 yards diameter using cones or markers.
- Have two teams of four players.
- No goals.
- Each team has one player on the pitch and three players on the outside.
Rules of the game
- To start, pass a ball into the pitch.The two players compete for possession.
- The player who wins the ball attempts to pass out to a team mate.
- If successful, the team mate enters the pitch to make a 2v1.
- The winning team is the first to have all four players on the pitch and complete six consecutive passes.