Dribblers are thriving in the Premier League – Chelsea’s Eden Hazard is among the most fouled players in the league and one of the most creative. Danger men just have to be stopped. MORE
Is your players’ first touch letting them down?
How do you coach better first touch?
First touch is something that comes with repetition but naturally kids find any repetition boring. So you have to use as many different games as you can to help them.
You will find they eventually hit that light bulb moment and good first touch will become part of their play.
I have chosen the 6 drills and activities below to help you coach first touch.
- One touch passing is one of the hardest skills to perfect – this session helps
- Use this tactic for attacking build up play
- Excellent stop start coaching session
- Get players using the skill in games with this session
- One of the best sessions to warm your players up before coaching first touch
- Great one touch session for younger players