When I first started coaching I looked at the list of divisions in the league we had been put in and realised with mounting horror that it was possible we could get relegated every season and the team could sink without a trace. MORE
Soccer warm up drill to get players running with the ball
The focus in this soccer warm up drill is on controlling the ball and changing direction. It needs skill and concentration from all your players so they can work without losing possession.
Set up soccer warm up
Place three poles or cones in a line five yards apart. Have a team of players at either end of the poles.
Running with the ball under control, changing direction and passing.
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble between the first and second poles, then back between the second and third poles (slalom style) before making a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and slow down in order to change direction.
- The drill is repeated for a set time period.
Click the link to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm Ups manual.
Click the link for a triangle drill warm up.