It is that time of year when coaches of all nationalities are drawn to the United States to gather together at the largest soccer convention in the world. And, yes, I will be in Chicago because this an unmissable event. I love to see all the coaches that I have come to know through SoccerCoachWeekly.net... MORE
Fitness sprints – forward-backward-forward
Fitness for football
- Place three cones in a straight line with five to 10 yards between each cone.
- Players should sprint forwards from cone one to two.
- Then run backwards from cone two to one.
- Finally, sprint forwards from one to three.
- Look for how your players keep a lower centre of gravity when changing direction. They must bend their knees to keep balance.
- Repeat five times. Rest for 60 seconds between repetitions.