Getting and staying fit for the first part of the new season is vital to a successful coaching strategy. If your players are not fit enough to play the way you want it is a pointless beginning to your campaign. Here are 6 activities to help you. MORE
Fitness sprints – forward-backward-forward
Fitness for football
- Place three cones in a straight line with five to 10 yards between each cone.
- Players should sprint forwards from cone one to two.
- Then run backwards from cone two to one.
- Finally, sprint forwards from one to three.
- Look for how your players keep a lower centre of gravity when changing direction. They must bend their knees to keep balance.
- Repeat five times. Rest for 60 seconds between repetitions.