Don't just dig out your boot bag the day before training is due to start and polish your boots... there's more to getting ready for the new season than that. Map out your pre-season fitness blueprint for you and your players. MORE
Fitness sprints – forward-backward-forward
Fitness for football
- Place three cones in a straight line with five to 10 yards between each cone.
- Players should sprint forwards from cone one to two.
- Then run backwards from cone two to one.
- Finally, sprint forwards from one to three.
- Look for how your players keep a lower centre of gravity when changing direction. They must bend their knees to keep balance.
- Repeat five times. Rest for 60 seconds between repetitions.