Use this session to teach players the value of hard working midfielders. They can disrupt even the best passing teams by working in pairs to block any moves through midfield. Why use it Working in pairs in midfield or attack is an ideal way to disrupt passing teams by positioning and support play. Anticipation is... MORE
Run games like Paul Pogba
This session centres on Paul Pogba running the game for his team and getting points for assists and for scoring goals – it’s a fast game, played at pace and will give your players a good test.
You need balls, bibs, cones and a goal. Use half your normal pitch with a goal at one end and a cone at the other. We used 11 players in the session.
How to do it
Split your players into a team of 5 and a team of 4 plus a target player and a goalkeeper. Nominate a Paul Pogba in the team of 5. Start with the team of 5 playing towards the target man. When the target man gets the ball he plays out to the team of 5 who now attack the other goal. The team of 4 attack the opposite goal/target man.
The number needs good passing with accuracy, pace and weight and awareness of where to pass; receivers must add good movement and all should have a good first touch.
- 1. In the team of 5 choose one player to be Paul Pogba and he must be involved in every attacking move
- 2. The team of 4 start by attacking the goal and get 5 points for every goal scored
- 3. The team of 5 must win the ball and get it to the target player to score points
- 4. Here Pogba makes a pass to the target player to get 5 points for scoring.
- 5. Here Pogba creates a goal with a through ball and wins 10 points for his team