This five minute fitness drill can be used during your training sessions for a quick break to help coaching points sink in, or as an incentive for a drinks break. MORE
Oranges and lemons fitness drill
This is a great little fitness drill that pits your players’ wits against each other. They must listen for your call and react to it.
How to play it
- Set up two sets of cones like in the diagram.
- One player in each set jogs forwards and backwards between the two centre cones five yards apart.
- On the shout of “oranges” they race to a cone 15 yards in front of them.
- On the shout of “lemons” they turn and race to a cone 15 yards behind them.
- Play until each player has done five oranges and five lemons.
- Or play winner of the race stays on.