This replicates a midfield battle with the final pass vital to scoring points in the game. Players learn where and when to make the pass and how movement off the ball is vital to success. MORE
Four goal passing game
Try this four goal small-sided soccer game so your players get more touches, more passes, more shots and more participation.
Set up the soccer (football) game
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum).
- Two teams of four players.
- No keepers.
- Four mini-target goals.
Run the game
- If the ball leaves play, you or a helper must feed a new ball in immediately.
- The game is played as a normal 4v4 without keepers, but each team must defend two goals and attack two goals.
- The soccer game is played for a set time period.
Click here to order a copy of 64 Small-Sided Soccer Games, written by Michael Beale, Chelsea FC academy coach.
For a small-sided soccer game to work on midfield passing skills, click here.