If you use this session your players will improve their ability to switch play, to play with their heads up and it will speed up their decision making. MORE
Set up a v pattern for short sprint stamina drills
Keeping your triangle of cones from the warm up above, you can use it to do a series of short sprints to prepare your players for a match. It gets the blood circulating in their legs and prepares them for the short sprints used regularly in game situations.
It can be part of your players fitness regime as well. It’s a good one for stamina.
V GRID – SPRINT
- Markers positioned in a V pattern, 4m apart
- Start at the base of the V
- Sprint to either of the top markers
- Turn & sprint back to the base of the V
- Sprint out to the other marker
- Turn & sprint back to the base of the V to finish
- Immediately repeat the same sequence while dribbling a ball
- Repeat for 3 sets with 2 mins rest between sets.
Get tested fitness and training drills and skills delivered to you twice a week to free when you sign up for the Better Football Coaching e-newsletter. Click here to sign up today.