This session coaches two-touch shooting, one of the weapons Aaron Ramsey of Juventus uses on the edge of the area to control and fire in a shot. This is a fun game that gets players competing against each other in teams MORE
Soccer drill to teach players how to do a bicycle kick
It’s the most impressive way to score a goal, so teach your players how to do a bicycle kick and they will be able to use it to great effect.
THIS SOCCER SKILL IS ALL ABOUT TIMING: IN TRAINING DRILLS, COACH YOUR PLAYERS TO:
- Get into line with the flight of the ball, keep their eyes on it.
- Kick the ball cleanly, not hard – the movement of their body will generate the power.
- Jump up, leaving their kicking foot on the ground and use their other foot to propel them upwards.
- Begin to fall backwards, keeping their eyes on the ball.
- As their body sinks towards the ground, their non-kicking leg will go into the air. Kicking leg may still be on the ground.
- When the ball is in ideal range, whip the kicking leg off the floor into the back of the ball, bringing your other leg back down quickly. The upper body should be almost horizontal.
- As you fall, stretch out your hand to steady your impact with the ground. Twist your body to avoid landing on your back.