This is a great session for getting attackers to be open to the pitch and it will help your striker learn when to shoot and when to tee up a team-mate MORE
3 Zone Playmaker Game
- Pitch size: 40 x 30 yards, divided into three narrow strips
- Each zone has a target goal at each end
- Two teams of four players
- Three players on each team go into their own 1v1 zone.
- One player from each team is the “playmaker” (P in the diagrams).
- Possession starts with the playmaker and the teams take it in turns to start a move.
- The playmaker can play in any zone and move freely between them.
- The other players must remain in their starting zones.
- The playmaker’s job is to pass to a team mate and support them, creating a 2v1 situation.
- The opponents’ playmaker can support their defender to create a 2v2 situation.
- The game is played for four periods of 2 minutes.
- Each player has one period as the playmaker.
This is a game of 1v1s with a “floating” playmaker.
The black playmaker passes to the right and follows to create a 2v1.
The white playmaker follows to try and create a 2v2 before the black team have a chance to score.