In this five-week series we will show you how to move play through the thirds to get the ball into positions where your strikers can attack and score more goals MORE
4 v 4 Build Up To Score
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- One goal, one keeper
- One team starts the game as the attacking team.
- One team starts the game as the defending team.
- The game is played for four balls and then the roles are reversed.
- To start, the attackers spread out across the pitch and play against a single defender.
- The attacking team receives a pass from the coach and attempt to build up and score in a 4v1 situation.
- After each ball is played, a new defender enters the pitch.
- The attacking team has a total of four attacks (4v1, 4v2, 4v3, 4v4).
- Each time the attackers score, they are awarded a point.
- Each time they fail to score the defenders are rewarded with a point.
The game starts 4 v 1 so scoring should be easy.
4v2 takes a little more skill and patience.
Can your players be as successful in a 4v4 situation?