This is a great session for getting attackers to be open to the pitch and it will help your striker learn when to shoot and when to tee up a team-mate MORE
4 v 4 – Ice Hockey Style
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- Two goals made using cones or poles
- Two goalkeepers (optional)
- As with most small-sided games, the emphasis is on pass and move.
- The players can score in the front or back of the goal.
- The game is played for a set period of time.
“Tell your players that if they are blocked when in front of the goal they should look to play quickly to the other side and try to score in the back.”
The team in possession are looking to create scoring opportunities but the path to goal is blocked.
A white attacker makes a run behind the goal, his team mate spots him and passes.
A goal is scored through the back of the goal – ice hockey style.