Small-sided games are a great way to give your players lots of touches of the ball and get them back on track for playing matches. Try these four small-sided games that work on different aspects of your players’ technique. A great tactic to practice in a small-sided game is counter-attacking after winning the ball at... MORE
4v4 + Wide Players
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Three teams of four players
- Two teams play the game
- One team acts as the goalkeepers and crossing players
- The game is played as a normal 4v4 plus keepers, but the teams can use the players off the pitch to provide crosses.
- The crossing players are allowed 3 touches (control, dribble, pass/cross).
- The game is played for a set period of time.
- The teams are rotated for the next match.
Play a normal 4v4 game , but use the third team of 4 as crossers and goalkeepers.
The team in possession can use the players off the pitch for extra width.
Here, the extra player gets a cross in to create a goal-scoring opportunity.