Very good session for getting players to cover the back because one team has no goalkeeper. The opposition can look for different ways to score especially shooting early or chipping the defence. Great for match play. Why use it Big overload for team with no goalkeeper coaches players in the need to shoot early when... MORE
4v4 + Wide Players
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Three teams of four players
- Two teams play the game
- One team acts as the goalkeepers and crossing players
- The game is played as a normal 4v4 plus keepers, but the teams can use the players off the pitch to provide crosses.
- The crossing players are allowed 3 touches (control, dribble, pass/cross).
- The game is played for a set period of time.
- The teams are rotated for the next match.
Play a normal 4v4 game , but use the third team of 4 as crossers and goalkeepers.
The team in possession can use the players off the pitch for extra width.
Here, the extra player gets a cross in to create a goal-scoring opportunity.