This game encourages supporting and movement off the ball as well as making sure players learn how to deal with the basics of passing and receiving. After making a pass you will often see players standing still and admiring their work, you will also see players struggling to create good supporting angles for the player with the ball. MORE
4v4 + Wide Players
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Three teams of four players
- Two teams play the game
- One team acts as the goalkeepers and crossing players
- The game is played as a normal 4v4 plus keepers, but the teams can use the players off the pitch to provide crosses.
- The crossing players are allowed 3 touches (control, dribble, pass/cross).
- The game is played for a set period of time.
- The teams are rotated for the next match.
Play a normal 4v4 game , but use the third team of 4 as crossers and goalkeepers.
The team in possession can use the players off the pitch for extra width.
Here, the extra player gets a cross in to create a goal-scoring opportunity.