Small-sided games are a fantastic way of getting players to work together to score lots of goals with every single player having a big part to play in the game and are a good way to get players facing match relevant situations. MORE
Beat two and score
Beat two and score is a dream practice for players who love to show off their skill and dribbling ability. Players must compete to dribble outside the opponent’s end line and into a second 1v1 situation where a quick change of direction can give them the opportunity to shoot.
- Pitch 50yds x 30yds with a 10yd square marked in the centre
What you get your players to do
Two teams line up outside the square.
Each team adds a second defender who defends outside of the square.
Two players enter the square and wait for you to pass in to one of them. Once you make the pass the 1v1 duel begins.
One of the players has to dribble out of the opponent’s end line and into a 1v1 situation with the second defender who they must beat in order to score.
- The game is played for ten minutes
- The teams must keep count of the number of goals they score
- The players must go out of their opponent’s end line. If the ball goes out of the side line then the 1v1 duel must restart with a new pass from you
- Rotate the second defender every two minutes
If the player going outside the area is tackled by the second defender, then the second defender can pass back to their team mate in the square who can turn and dribble to attack the opposite goal and second defender.
Two players enter the square and two players go outside the square.
You pass the ball into the square.
Players attempt to dribble out of the square and beat the second defender to score.