Top strikers may be worth their weight in gold but when it comes to winning titles, the clever money goes on the sides with firepower throughout the squad too. MORE
Breakthrough to shoot
This game encourages the team in possession to dribble the ball and beat defenders in order to break out of the central zone and into the end zones to shoot at goal.
- Pitch 50yds x 30yds including two 15yd end zones
What you get your players to do
The game is played in the central zone. Each team attacks one end zone and defends one end zone. The aim is to get the ball out of the central zone and into the opponent’s end zone by dribbling past defenders. Passing is not allowed. Once inside the end zone the player with the ball is allowed to have a free shot at goal
- The game is played for ten minutes
- The game is played in the central zone
- Attackers must dribble into the end zones and shoot at goal
- Defenders are not allowed to run back into the end zone to tackle
- If the ball leaves the side of the pitch then the game is restarted with a pass in from where the ball went out
Once inside the end zone you can increase the difficulty for the attacker by reducing the number of touches the player is allowed to take. This forces the attacker to shoot at goal quickly, creating a sense of pressure.
Breakthrough to shoot is played in the central zone.
The aim is to dribble out of the central zone into the opponent’s end zone.
Once in the end zone the attacker has a free shot at goal. Reduce the number of touches to up the difficulty factor.