When you play training games with your team if you have an odd number of players it is always a good idea to play a 'magic man'. This is a position of great responsibility because this player can catch the opposition out during transition or can be the player who creates goal scoring chances because he/she is less likely to be marked when the ball is transferred. MORE
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- Four mini goals, one on each side of the pitch
- One player from each team enters the pitch.
- Start the game by feeding a ball in for a 1v1 contest.
- One team attacks the goals across the width of the pitch.
- One team attacks the goals down the length of the pitch.
- After each attack add one player to each team.
- The game is played for a set period of time.
- If a goal is scored or the ball leaves play, pass a new ball onto the pitch.
The white team are trying to score left to right, blacks top to bottom.
It’s now 4v4 and the black team make it difficult by pressing and tackling.
When they win possession, the black team must attempt to score.