This five minute passing drill can be used during your training sessions for a quick break to help coaching points sink in, or as an incentive for a drinks break. MORE
Play Out, Go Out
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- Both teams must have two players on the pitch and two players on the outside of the pitch
- If the ball leaves play, pass a new ball onto the pitch
- The aim of the game is to make a pass out to a team-mate.
- The passing player then goes to the outside whilst the receiving player dribbles into the playing area.
- A goal is awarded for each successful pass to an outside player.
- The game is played for a set time period.
The white team are in possession in a simple 2 v 2 game.
A white player creates an opportunity to pass to his team-mate off the pitch.
A successful pass means the two players swap roles.