This is a great battle to be the first team to get their balls behind the opposition defence into their end zone. Team work and individual skills make this an essential game for all youth players. MORE
Play Out, Go Out
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- Both teams must have two players on the pitch and two players on the outside of the pitch
- If the ball leaves play, pass a new ball onto the pitch
- The aim of the game is to make a pass out to a team-mate.
- The passing player then goes to the outside whilst the receiving player dribbles into the playing area.
- A goal is awarded for each successful pass to an outside player.
- The game is played for a set time period.
The white team are in possession in a simple 2 v 2 game.
A white player creates an opportunity to pass to his team-mate off the pitch.
A successful pass means the two players swap roles.