This is a great battle to be the first team to get their balls behind the opposition defence into their end zone. Team work and individual skills make this an essential game for all youth players. MORE
Possession – Add One
- Outer pitch size: 30 x 30 yards
- Inner pitch size: 15 x 15 yards
- Two teams of four players
- No goals
- One team act as the passing team.
- The other team act as the defending team.
- The passing team spread out into the 15 x 15 yard area and begin the game by playing 4v1.
- After 30 seconds, an extra defender is added to make the game 4v2, then another for 4v3, and then 4v4.
- The game is played for 2 minutes.
- The passing team must count the number of successful passes that they make.
- The teams rotate roles for the next game and the new passing team tries to beat the number of passes made by their opponents.
To begin with, this is a simple 4 v 1 possession game.
Adding one more defender makes it a bit more of a challenge.
4 v 4 takes it to another level. Which team can make the most successful passes?