An end-to-end game that trains your players to successfully defend corners and to counterattack straight out of defence while your opponents are still upfield MORE
Possession v Pressure
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two teams of four players
- Four keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- One team starts on the pitch and passes the ball around.
- On your whistle, the team on the outside must race onto the pitch and try to win the ball and then score a goal.
- The passing team must try to keep possession.
- The passing team can use their keepers to keep possession of the ball.
- The pressuring team have 30 seconds to win the ball and score a goal – if they fail then the passing team is awarded the goal.
- Rotate the teams for the next game.
The white team pass the ball around amongst themselves.
The black team enter and apply pressure on the white team.
The black team win possession and create an attack.