Three-part session teaching players to receive on the half-turn and break defensive lines. By DAVID PONCIA MORE
Small sided game to work on heading
Try this fun, competitive small-sided soccer game to get your players practising their heading skills.
Game set up
- Arrange your players into three teams of four.
- One team stays off the pitch placing two players at each end beside the goal.
- To score; the attacking team must pass to the players at the end they are attacking and then head for goal on the return pass.
- The small-sided soccer game can be played with or without keepers, depending on the heading ability of your players.
- Play for a set period of time or rotate the teams after each goal so all your soccer players have a turn at attacking and serving.
Click here for more soccer coaching tips to work on heading skills.