Players work on through balls, angled passes, chips and more. It trains players to time their runs, arc their runs, and be creative. The zones help players practise beating the offside trap. MORE
Small sided soccer game with overload attackers
Can the overload attackers utilise their numerical advantage to create a shooting opportunity in this small-sided soccer game?
Small-sided game set up
- Use an area 40 x 30 yards with a goal at each end.
- You need three teams of three soccer (football) players and two goalkeepers
How to play the soccer game
- Two teams play 3 v 3 in a small soccer (football) pitch.
- The other soccer team acts as neutrals that play for the team in possession with one player on each wing and one on the pitch.
- The coach can put rules on the neutral players if needed, such as limiting touches on the ball and allowing or not allowing them to score.
Whose turn next?
- The game is played for a set time period with the soccer coach keeping scores.
- The teams take turns to act as the neutral players.
Click here for a defending soccer drill using overload tactics.
Click here to order a copy of 64 Small-Sided Soccer Games.