Players work on through balls, angled passes, chips and more. It trains players to time their runs, arc their runs, and be creative. The zones help players practise beating the offside trap. MORE
Two Goal Game – 10 Attacks
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- The pitch is divided into two attacking zones either side of a midzone
- Two teams of four players
- Two keepers
- One team work as the attackers
- One team split into two pairs and work as the defenders in each attacking zone
- The attacking team has 10 consecutive attacks (5 at each end). The aim is to try and score as many goals as possible against the two defenders.
- After each attack, the players turn and receive a new ball from the coach.
- When the ten attacks are complete, the score is counted and the roles are reversed.
The attacking start in the mid-zone, with a pass from the coach.
They immediately enter an end-zone and play 4v2 against the defenders.
After this play, the attacking team immediately regroup in the mid-zone, receive a pass from you, and attack the other goal.