Scoring last minute goals can be due to the opposition tiring or suddenly becoming less attacking and sitting back hoping for the final whistle – but it can also be because your team is putting in a big effort to score a winner or to rescue a point with clever use of tactics. MORE
Two Goal Game – 10 Attacks
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- The pitch is divided into two attacking zones either side of a midzone
- Two teams of four players
- Two keepers
- One team work as the attackers
- One team split into two pairs and work as the defenders in each attacking zone
- The attacking team has 10 consecutive attacks (5 at each end). The aim is to try and score as many goals as possible against the two defenders.
- After each attack, the players turn and receive a new ball from the coach.
- When the ten attacks are complete, the score is counted and the roles are reversed.
The attacking start in the mid-zone, with a pass from the coach.
They immediately enter an end-zone and play 4v2 against the defenders.
After this play, the attacking team immediately regroup in the mid-zone, receive a pass from you, and attack the other goal.