Players work on through balls, angled passes, chips and more. It trains players to time their runs, arc their runs, and be creative. The zones help players practise beating the offside trap. MORE
Two Goal Game Sweeper System
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two end zones, 10 yards in from each goal-line
- Two teams of four players
- Two keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Each team sends one of their players into their defensive zone to become the sweeper / covering defender.
- The aim of the game is to dribble through the middle zone and into the opponent’s defensive zone. Now the player in possession has a 1v1 against the sweeper / covering defender.
- Rotate the players so that each player spends time in the sweeper role.
- The game is played for a set time period.
The team in possession must figure out a way to get the ball into the end zone.
A white player is faced with a 1 v 1 against the sweeper.
The sweeper makes the tackle.