This session tests a number of developmental characteristics in players, from the technical – multiple and varied touches and passes of the ball, position-specific work and handling pressure – to tactical linking with players in similar positions and game understanding linked to rules and conditions MORE
Two Goal Game Sweeper System
- Pitch size: 30 x 20 yards (minimum) up to 40 x 25 yards (maximum)
- Two end zones, 10 yards in from each goal-line
- Two teams of four players
- Two keepers
- No offside
- If the ball leaves play, you have a few re-start options:
- The coach passes a new ball onto the pitch
- The players take a roll in
- The players take a throw in
- The players make a pass in
- The players dribble in
- Each team sends one of their players into their defensive zone to become the sweeper / covering defender.
- The aim of the game is to dribble through the middle zone and into the opponent’s defensive zone. Now the player in possession has a 1v1 against the sweeper / covering defender.
- Rotate the players so that each player spends time in the sweeper role.
- The game is played for a set time period.
The team in possession must figure out a way to get the ball into the end zone.
A white player is faced with a 1 v 1 against the sweeper.
The sweeper makes the tackle.