This three-part session develops players' awareness of pressing and covering as a unit. MORE
U11s ball control game
Dribbling is one of the finer arts for a young soccer player and a vital part of his/her soccer development. When you see young players dribbling in matches you can see why it creates goalscoring chances for the player and for their teammates.
- Set up a 15 x 15 yards area with 2 x 2 yards squares in each corner and the corner flags in the centre of the squares. Each game is a 3v3.
- The game is a simple 3v3 but the twist is that a player must turn around a corner flag before attacking the goal.
- When a team has possession, they attack the opposition’s goal as normal, but one of the players must dribble the ball around one of the corner flags in the half he is attacking before his team can score.
- No tackling is allowed inside the corner squares. All restarts are from next to the goal.
- Suggest players use a hook turn, showing good technique, to get around the flags.