Coaches and players alike will be planning for pre-season over the summer months – it is good practice to prepare yourself and your players for the physical push towards the new season. MORE
Tuck jump soccer fitness drill
Use this soccer warm-up drill to improve your players’ fitness. The tuck jump drill should be performed on grass and in short bursts. Five tucks in a set, players should do five sets with 60 seconds of rest between each set.
- Start by bouncing on the balls of the feet.
- Drive up explosively with the arms and push hard off the ground with the feet.
- Pull the knees up as high as possible to the chest.
- Land on the balls of both feet and bounce a couple of times before repeating.
- As the knees are pulled into the chest players should tighten the core muscles around the stomach to maximise the conditioning effect.
Click the link to have more soccer coaching fitness tips, drills and games delivered direct to your inbox when you subscribe to Soccer Coach Weekly.
Click the link for more soccer coaching tips to help with your players’ fitness training.