This is a great time of year to go through some 1v1s with your players... even though training has ended you can still get some of the players to turn up for an added value session working on the individual. MORE
Dribble and change direction
Focus on control to change direction
This is a great warm-up to get your players ready for a match or training session.
Running with the ball under control, changing direction and passing
How to play it
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble between the first two poles then back between the second two poles in order to make a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and then slow down in order to change direction.
- The practice is repeated for a set time period.
- 1. Each player has a ball – we used 6 balls in the session
- 2. The players make one change of direction and make a return pass away from the direction of run