Get brains and muscles into gear with this quick warm-up for training. It works on movement, agility and vision. MORE
Dribble and change direction
Focus on control to change direction
This is a great warm-up to get your players ready for a match or training session.
Running with the ball under control, changing direction and passing
How to play it
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble between the first two poles then back between the second two poles in order to make a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and then slow down in order to change direction.
- The practice is repeated for a set time period.
- 1. Each player has a ball – we used 6 balls in the session
- 2. The players make one change of direction and make a return pass away from the direction of run