This is a great skill for attacking the penalty area with defenders alongside or in front and a change of direction is needed. Think Eden Hazard at Real Madrid. Watch the video from Coerver Coaching’s ‘Make Your Move’ DVD MORE
Dribble and change direction
Focus on control to change direction
This is a great warm-up to get your players ready for a match or training session.
Running with the ball under control, changing direction and passing
How to play it
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble between the first two poles then back between the second two poles in order to make a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and then slow down in order to change direction.
- The practice is repeated for a set time period.
- 1. Each player has a ball – we used 6 balls in the session
- 2. The players make one change of direction and make a return pass away from the direction of run