My go to activities when players have had been on the summer break are Rondos – and with this being one of the longest breaks from playing due to lockdown I am going to be using Rondos over the next few weeks to get players back up to speed. MORE
Jogging and sprinting warm-up
How to play it
- Arrange your players into two teams.
- One team performs some dynamic and static stretching exercises of their choice.
- The players in the other team dribble in and out of the stretching players and complete various skills and nutmegs (passing the ball between their legs) on them.
- On your whistle, the players switch roles.
The practice can be progressed to include:
- The dribbling players making one-two passes with the stretching players.
- The dribbling players pass to the stretching players and tell them to turn and dribble.