What I love about my U9s team is that when I come out to warm them up before a match they are all ready and sitting there waiting for me... with a cheer they all descend on the bag of training balls and start warming themselves up. MORE
One-two work out
This five minute fitness drill can be used during your training sessions for a quick break to help coaching points sink in, or as an incentive for a drinks break. It is all about first touch and anticipating the pass. Good for fitness and getting players ready for movement and passing in matches.
How to do it
- Split players into pairs with a working player and a server.
- Put 3 cones in a triangle with 5 yards between each cone.
- The server stands 5 yards in front of the triangle.
- The working player starts at the back cone.
- The server passes a ball to the outside of the cone on the working players’ right and the player runs to receive it.
- The player returns the ball and runs back around the top cone to the far cone where the play is repeated.
- This should continue for 1 minute then players swap roles.
- 1. The working player receives and passes back to the server
- 2. Then the working player runs around the cones to the far side and repeats