My go to activities when players have had been on the summer break are Rondos – and with this being one of the longest breaks from playing due to lockdown I am going to be using Rondos over the next few weeks to get players back up to speed. MORE
Sidestep circuit for warming up on match days
This circuit is a good warm-up for match days when your players need to stretch their legs with something that is not too “lung orientated”.
How to play it
Both groups work at the same time.
The players complete a series of sprints and foot movements:
1. Sprint to the first cone and sidestep to the next cone.
2. Sprint forward and sidestep to the next cone.
3. Back pedal and then sidestep to the next cone.
4. Sprint to the back of the opposite group.
- Once all the players have completed three sets, change the starting positions so that the players work on movements in the opposite direction.