It's been a long lay-off for some of us and getting back into shape for the season ahead is an important part of coaching preparation. And not just for you the coach. This week I have been coaching at clinics for teams to get them back into playing contact games before they go to play friendly matches. MORE
This circuit is a good warm-up for match days when your players need to stretch their legs with something that is not too tiring.
How to play it
- Both ends work at the same time.
- The players must complete a series of sprints and foot movements:
1. Sprint to the first cone and sidestep to the left.
2. Sprint forward and sidestep to the left.
3. Back pedal and then sidestep to the left.
4. Sprint to the back of the opposite group.
- Once all the players have completed three sets, change the starting positions so that the players work on movements in the opposite direction.