An easily organised warm up suitable for all ages and abilities that will improve communication, passing awareness and decision-making. MORE
Running with the ball warm-up
The focus in this soccer warm-up drill is on controlling the ball and changing direction. The exercise requires skill and concentration from all your soccer players so they can work without losing possession.
This is a great soccer warm-up to get your players ready for a match or soccer coaching session.
Set up soccer warm-up drill
Place three poles or cones in a line five yards apart. Have a team of players at either end of the poles.
Key soccer coaching elements
Running with the ball under control, changing direction and passing.
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble between the first and second poles, then back between the second and third poles (slalom style) before making a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and slow down in order to change direction.
- The practice is repeated for a set time period.
Click the link to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual.
Click the link for a soccer warm-up drill for dribbling and passing skills.