This warm up is a great way to get players alert to one touch play and to get them ready for playing matches and keeping possession of the ball in tight areas of the pitch like the penalty area MORE
Running with the ball warm-up
The focus in this soccer warm-up drill is on controlling the ball and changing direction. The exercise requires skill and concentration from all your soccer players so they can work without losing possession.
This is a great soccer warm-up to get your players ready for a match or soccer coaching session.
Set up soccer warm-up drill
Place three poles or cones in a line five yards apart. Have a team of players at either end of the poles.
Key soccer coaching elements
Running with the ball under control, changing direction and passing.
- Arrange your players into two groups.
- Two balls work simultaneously.
- The players must dribble between the first and second poles, then back between the second and third poles (slalom style) before making a pass to the opposite team.
- Get your players to run with the ball out of their feet and slow down in order to change direction.
- The practice is repeated for a set time period.
Click the link to order a copy of The Ultimate Soccer Warm-Ups Manual.
Click the link for a soccer warm-up drill for dribbling and passing skills.